Saturday, November 22, 2008

The season for THANKS...

Thanksgiving is only 5 days away and I was wondering what to be thankful for. We lost my Grandpa today...he passed at 11:30a.m. and I was watching our family stand around his bedside as he took his last breaths I was thinking that I was thankful for many things and here they are:
I am thankful that I had 27 wonderful years filled with precious memories with my Grandpa.
I am thankful that he got to see my two little boys and that he got to love on them and get to know them.
I am thankful that we have such a strong, loving and close family.
I am thankful for the role models that my grandparents were to my parents which therefore made them great role models for me.
I am thankful that my grandparents had such a wonderful marriage!
I am thankful for the time my grandpa has spent with me.
I am thankful that he taught me how to drive(it was great quality time with him).
I am thankful that he was saved and I will see him again one day.
I am thankful that I have a Grandma who is so faithful that she has been a rock during the last couple of days.
I am thankful for our extended family and friends that have been by our side and at the hospital through this whole ordeal.
I am thankful for Ike...without that Hurricane we wouldn't have spent 5 days full of special family time, we played outside and just visited with each other...with no electricity there is nothing else to do!
I am thankful that my grandpa taught me how to play roulette and that they got to Vegas with us so many times.
I am thankful for Mr. Bear..my grandpa bought him for me the day I was born and I still have him. Now he is more special than ever!

My list could go on and on and some of these things may seem silly to some people but it means a lot to me. Even in spite of our circumstance we still have lots to be thankful for.

3 comments:

the Sebring's said...

I am so sorry about your grandfather. I think your post was a great way to show how special he was. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care, AA, Russ and GA

The Roecker Family said...

Hey girly.. your Grandpa Gray was a great man, I am Thankful for having to meet him. You have such a wonderful family and I am so thankful to have you guys in our lives. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers during this holiday season.. I love you!

stephanie T said...

that made me tear up! uncle willard is a great man and will be missed