Friday, January 22, 2010

My Great-Grandma

The definition of PRECIOUS - a dearly beloved person; darling; highly esteemed for some spiritual, nonmaterial, or moral quality.

This is the definition of my Great-Grandmommy.


This song describes my Great-Grandmommy so much. Not only because she had 8 kids, but because she has prayed for each member of our family by name since the day we were born. She is the most dedicated "Prayer Warrior". She actually had a list with each family members name starting with her oldest child going down to the youngest great-great-grandchild. I am so blessed to have all of those faithful prayers. I can only pray that I can be such a Godly role model for my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We are so blessed that we have had her for 93 years and five generations.

Mama always got up early
And she never went to bed 'til late
Yet, I never heard her complainin'
About her family of eight
There were times she should have been sleepin'
But, late in the midnight hour
She'd get down on her knees
And you could hear her say,
"Lord fill them will your power"

[chorus]
Mama like to burn the midnight oil
Down on her knees in prayer
If you asked why she did it
She said she did it care she cared
Now Mama always talked to Jesus
When she knelt by her rocking chair
Oh, I'm glad my mama was willin'
To burn the midnight oil in prayer

Now Mama's gone to be with Jesus
I've got a family of my own
Yet, whenever the clock strikes midnight
You will find me all alone
That's when I start to call upon Jesus
For His wisdom and His power
Cause it seems that He loves
To hear a Daddy's prayer
Even in the midnight hour

[chorus]

Years from now, when my grown little boy
Has a family of his own
Will he kneel down and pray
When the hour gets late
And pass the legacy on


This song not only describes my Great-Grandmommy, but also my Great-Grandaddy. They were both such faithful servants for their Lord. We are so blessed to have such an awesome legacy and foundation for our family. I know that when she finally goes to meet her Lord that this is exactly what will be happening.

I dreamed I went to heaven
And you were there with me;
We walked upon the streets of gold
Beside the crystal sea.
We heard the angels singing
Then someone called your name.
We turned and saw a young man running
And he was smiling as he came.

And he said, "Friend you may not know me now."
And then he said, "But wait,
You used to teach my Sunday School
When I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer
Before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer,
I asked Jesus in my heart."

Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you
And said, "Remember the time
A missionary came to your church
And his pictures made you cry.
You didn't have much money,
But you gave it anyway.
Jesus took the gift you gave
And that's why I'm here today."

Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am so glad you gave.

One by one they came
Far as the eye could see.
Each life somehow touched
By your generosity.
Little things that you had done,
Sacrifices made,
Unnoticed on the earth
In heaven, now proclaimed.

And I know up in heaven
You're not supposed to cry
But I am almost sure
There were tears in your eyes.
As Jesus took your hand
And you stood before the Lord.
He said, "My child, look around you.
Great is your reward."

Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am so glad you gave.

0 comments: