I know that sometimes our kids do things that are so small to other people, but it can be a big thing for the parent. Here are some first things that Parker and Bryant have done lately that mean a lot to me!
Parker:
He got his first top tooth.
He drank out of a straw for the first time yesterday. (Bryant's first time was at this exact same age..he did it at a Dairy Queen in Louisiana on the way to Destin)
He has found the toilet paper and unrolled the whole roll.
He shakes his head "no-no"
He waves Hi and Bye
Bryant:
Here is the story about his first. We had him evaluated for speech therapy because he doesn't pronunciate his words like I thought that he should. It's a long story, but the short version is that he is 5 months behind verbally, but you have to be 6 months behind to qualify for their services. The speech therapist gave me some strategies that can help him at home. Basically, he can't say his P's and he can't say more than a 2 word sentence and he doesn't always use the same word for the same meaning each time...it's all kind of confusing. Anyway we had them come out about 3 weeks ago.
The other day we were driving and he said "Mommy, a hractor(tractor), they dig". I could have cried because he said a five word sentence on his own(no prompting or begging) and he said tractor for the first time!
Today he said Papaw and pider(spider)..but I did have to bribe the Papaw out of him. Whatever works...right??
He also is fascinated with Dinosaurs...he says hinosaurs. He thinks that they are actually around and looks for them in the trees.
So, we haven't gone over any HUGE milestones, but they are some pretty important ones to me and I wanted to share!
Until next time....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment